Behaviour of triggers on replicated and non replicated tables

From: "Luiz K(dot) Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Behaviour of triggers on replicated and non replicated tables
Date: 2011-06-10 13:20:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi,
I need help to know if the follow scenario is a expected behaviour, a
bug of postgres or a bug of slony:

Postgres v8.4.8
Slony-I v 2.0.5

I have table replicated with slony and that do some updates in another
table not replicated.

The trigger on replicated table was enabled on the slave database with
the command:

ALTER TABLE table1 ENABLE ALLWAYS TRIGGER trigger1;

And this trigger is working fine as expected.

The strange behaviour is that trigger do a update in another table not
replicated, let´s say table2, and
the triggers of this table is not fired.
A unexpected behaviour IMHO, if I do

ALTER TABLE table2 ENABLE ALWAYS TRIGGER trigger2;

Then the trigger2 is fired now when trigger1 do a update in table2.

My doubt is: since table2 is not replicated why they triggers dont fire
even by a update command in
a trigger of a replicated table ?

Best Regards,

Luiz K. Matsumura