pgAdmin III woes (on linux)

From: Matthias Leopold <matthias(at)aic(dot)at>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin III woes (on linux)
Date: 2011-06-09 15:37:31
Lists: pgsql-novice
i'm sorry, but this is nothing but the immediate expression of my
frustration with pgAdmin III:

i thought this tool was quasi the "official" postgres GUI and tried to
use it to edit larger text fields. maybe it's my fault but the standard
procedures to use a GUI to edit text (copy/paste behaviour,
click/doubleclick behaviour, sizing of edit fields, etc) are a nightmare
in pgAdmin III, at least in debian 6 with gnome (pgAdmin III version
1.10.5). it's always endless fiddling with unexpected results. i have
been using linux GUI programs for years with no problems.

i know this is far from a usable description of an error condition, i
just want to know if others have had a similar experience

thx for gentle replies
matthias

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Chris CampbellDate: 2011-06-09 16:03:41