Logging attempt to connect with odbc

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Logging attempt to connect with odbc
Date: 2011-06-07 18:16:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Are there any postgresql logs that will tell me why the server is refusing my attempt to create an odbc connection to a database?
I am trying to get to one of our virtual servers with an odbc connection but am refused.
I have other connections to other databases on the same machine, and I thought I duplicated everything from a connecable database to the one I am now trying to connect to, but must have left something out. Hopefully a database log will tell me what is defective about my attempt to connect.

(I browsed through responses to a search on 'server logs' but couldn't find what I need.)

Thanks. Fred