Hi advocacy folks,
I'm very pleased to announce the release of the demo version of the
so-called "PostgreSQL Magazine".
This issue #00 is brought to you thanks to the collective work of a
dozen of people. In particular : Greg Smith, Frank Wiles, Hubert
Lubaczewski, Jim Mlodgenski, Matt Tescher, Josh Berkus , Alvarro
Herrera, Thom Brown, Greg Smith, Raymond O'Donnell, Ian Bailey-Leung,
Osvaldo Tulini, Sivakumar Krishnamurthy, Evan Bennett and Belvedere
Kudos to them !
The magazine is available in both online and paper versions.
You can either :
* Read it Online: http://pgmag.org/00/read
* Buy the Print Edition: http://pgmag.org/00/buy
* or Download the PDF: http://pgmag.org/00/download
If you are currently at pgcon in ottawa, keep your eyes open ! A few
print copies should be spread by Josh Berkus and Jehan-Guillaume de
Please consider this first issue as a "beta". Our goal is to get
feedback and see if there's a public for such a magazine.
So if you've read the magazine and have some time to write an e-mail,
we'd love to know what you think of this first attempt. More precisely,
let us know :
* If you would buy such a magazine on a regular basis ?
* If you would recommend it to your friends or colleagues ?
* If you would offer it to your clients as advocacy material ?
* If you would write or help the magazine in any way ?
* If you would be ok to see advertisement in the magazine ?
* If you would like to have more pages in it ?
Please send your comments, suggestions and critics at contact(at)pgmag(dot)org(dot)
A global recap of all the feedbacks will be published on
http://www.pgmag.org in a few days.
Once again i'd like to tell my most sincere thanks to all the people
involved in this project !
And to you, future readers of PostgreSQL Magazine : Enjoy ! ;-)
PS : The magazine itself is free software ! You can download the source
files at: https://github.com/daamien/pgmag . The licence is CC-BY-SA
PPS : If you want to translate this magazine in your own language,
please wait ! I will send a specific message for the i18n teams in a few
pgsql-advocacy by date
|Next:||From: Alvaro Herrera||Date: 2011-05-19 17:34:13|
|Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !|
|Previous:||From: Jim Nasby||Date: 2011-05-17 22:03:39|
|Subject: Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes|