Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date: 2011-05-15 04:57:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Joshua Berkus wrote:
> In fact, it makes sense to do it in 2 stages:
>
> (1) assemble a wiki page, starting now, and
> (2) when we complete the 9.1 Press Kit, copy the wiki page to a page of the press kit.

Right.  We've had some success at using the Wiki to prototype
speculative things that ultimately end up in some more complicated
form.  (The CommitFest application is the most successful of such
projects)  If this doesn't go anywhere, it's the least disruptive way to
prove the data won't get collected anyway.  And if it does, nothing to
say it can't be converted into something else.  The output from the wiki
format I'm expecting to use can be trivially turned into HTML tables or
a spreadsheet, so it's not like it won't export.

I'm not going to have time to work on seriously populating this beast.
I was just suggesting I can work on the wiki plumbing and put some
initial examples in to copy from.  I think we should take the rest of
the the discussion about implementation details to pgsql-www at this
point though.  That part is moving a bit off the advocacy list's
charter, is boring many here I suspect, and I'd like to some of the
people I believe are only on -www to bounce ideas off of.