Re: SIREAD lock versus ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: "Dan Ports" <drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu>, "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SIREAD lock versus ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock
Date: 2011-05-03 18:24:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just a quick status update.

I wrote:

> Consider this a WIP patch

The serializable branch on my git repo has a modified form of this
which has been tested successfully with:

DROP INDEX
REINDEX
VACUUM FULL
CLUSTER
ALTER TABLE

I'm holding off on posting another version of the patch until I
cover the remaining commands, which are:

TRUNCATE TABLE
DROP TABLE
DROP DATABASE

I'm having to work on this off-hours at the moment, so expect the
patch to come sometime this weekend.

-Kevin