Re: PgAdmin no longer works on a "clean install" XP SP2

From: Piotr Czekalski <pczekalski(at)techbaza(dot)pl>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgAdmin no longer works on a "clean install" XP SP2
Date: 2011-05-02 17:19:49
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello there,

Doug, I believe that some (at least if, not most of) PgAdmin users are
aware of software/OS construction problems and just require stuff works.
I don't defend MS but Linux apps also require libraries in order to make
some apps work correctly, fortunatelly solved by package managers, so
this problem affects all platforms somehow.
While I think, that there is no reason to redistribute PgAdmin along
with C++ Redistributable but definitelly there exists a need and
implementation opportunity to warn or make an installer resolving a
dependency and downloading parts of required Windows components (like
ie. MS oneclick installer does).

Regards,

Piotr

"TECHBAZA.PL" Sp. z o.o.