Re: Design Rough

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Design Rough
Date: 2004-05-13 06:53:56
Lists: pgsql-www
On May 13, 2004, at 3:29 PM, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Now on to the problems:
> 1) I suggest doing a fixed (in pt, probably) font-size. Current
> 'small' has very different sizes in MSIE 6 and Mozilla (OK in Mozilla,
> too big in MSIE).

I strongly recommend *not* using fixed font sizes. As an alternative,
I'd suggest using alternative style sheets and a css-style switcher. If
people find it too big (or too small), they can easily change the size
for themselves. Using fixed point sizes is a definite strike against
accessibility. Using fixed font sizes prevents people from resizing the
font size using their browsers, among other things.

Here are a couple of links for different css style switching
implementations. They can be used, of course, to do much more than just
change font size.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com