Re: Wiki clarification

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Mike Ellsworth <younicycle(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wiki clarification
Date: 2011-02-26 03:52:24
Lists: pgsql-www
On 2/25/11 11:10 AM, Greg Smith wrote:
> As far as further working on that page, I would recommend waiting until
> you get a clear ruling here on the appropriateness of your page for the
> Wiki before spending any more time working on it.  I doubt the page
> needs to get deleted altogether such that you'll lose all of the time
> you put into it.  It may just need to be rewritten to be consistent with
> the goal of the wiki--user-oriented documentation related to
> PostgreSQL.  That's not really my decision to make though, just giving
> my personal opinion.

I'm more wondering what Mike expects to get out of a page on the wiki.

It would actually be appropriate (in my opinion) to have a section of
the wiki where people could expand on commercial applications which were
based on/ran on PostgreSQL if they wanted.  But barring someone putting
up and index page for that kind of content, the only way someone is
going to find the Younicycle page is either through this discussion, or
through watching the latest changes page.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.