SSI patch version 14

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSI patch version 14
Date: 2011-01-25 03:30:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Attached.

Dan and I have spent many, many hours desk-check and testing,
including pounding for many hours in DBT-2 at high concurrency
factors on a 16 processor box.  In doing so, we found and fixed a few
issues.  Neither of us is aware of any bugs or deficiencies
remaining, even after a solid day of pounding in DBT-2, other than
the failure to extend any new functionality to hot standby.

At Heikki's suggestion I have included a test to throw an error on an
attempt to switch to serializable mode during recovery.  Anything
more to address that issue can be a small follow-up patch -- probably
mainly a few notes in the docs.

-Kevin

Next:From: Fujii MasaoDate: 2011-01-25 03:45:33