Re: Does Skype outage have anything to do with PostgreSQL?

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Does Skype outage have anything to do with PostgreSQL?
Date: 2010-12-23 13:42:40
Lists: pgsql-novice
On 12/22/2010 06:11 PM, Frank Bax wrote:
> On 12/22/10 17:57, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>> A colleague of mine told me that he read somewhere that the problem is
>> actually with Skype's billing database, which is PostgreSQL. Does
>> anybody have any more information?
>
> So what?  If their databases are installed on Intel hardware; will you
> try to blame Intel?  If Skype has an outage; then it is Skype's fault,
> nobody else.

There is a misunderstanding here. I am neither a marketing guy nor a
troll, I am a DBA who manages several Postgres installations and has a
vested interest in the success of PostgreSQL. I devoted quite a bit of
time to understanding and learning PostgreSQL which means that I do
believe in its success. I was only asking about it.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA