Database admin / support Estoril Lisbon Portugal

From: Nicolaas Geldenhuys <nicolaasg(at)cartrack(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database admin / support Estoril Lisbon Portugal
Date: 2010-11-19 13:16:45
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Cartrack is a Portuguese company that emerged from a partnership with a
South African worldwide pioneer company on monitoring and recovering
vehicles.

We are currently recruiting employees for the following functions

Database Administration / Support

The position is at our offices in Estoril, Lisbon

Duties and Responsibilities

*  The candidate will be involved with all levels of database management
*  Develop SQL as required by business divisions
*  Develop stored procedures
*  Improve and restructure databases
*  Perform database updates and migrations
*  Synchronize multiple databases at various branches
*  Use PostgreSQL as the primary database technology
*  Generate comprehensive documentation
*  Compare database structures
*  Upgrade database structures
*  Support database issues arising from customer queries

Minimum Requirements

*  3+ years working experience in PostgreSQL
*  3+ years working on Linux

Skills

*  Proven SQL background
*  PostgreSQL experience is required
*  Good Linux server experience is required
*  Experience with scripting languages a plus (Bash, Python)
*  Experience with Postgis a plus
*  Good communication skills
*  English language a must (Understanding, Speaking, Writing)

If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV (in English)
to nicolaasg(at)cartrack(dot)pt

Regards
Nicolaas Geldenhuys

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Brian MillsDate: 2010-11-19 18:49:53