PostgreSQL@FOSDEM 2011 - Call for talks

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-eu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL@FOSDEM 2011 - Call for talks
Date: 2010-11-02 12:56:34
Lists: pgeu-generalpgsql-announcepgsql-general
FOSDEM is one of the biggest Free and Open Source event held annually in
Brussels, Belgium, and attended by around 4000 people. As in recent
years, the PostgreSQL project will have a devroom where we will be
presenting a number of talks. The event will be held on the 5 - 6th
February 2011.

We're looking for developers, users and contributors to submit talks for
inclusion on the program. Any topic related to PostgreSQL is acceptable
as long as it is non-commercial in nature. Suggested topics might include:

* Migration of systems to PostgreSQL
* Developing applications for PostgreSQL
* Benchmarking and tuning
* Administering PostgreSQL installations
* Spatial applications
* PostgreSQL hacking
* Data warehousing
* New features
* Community & user groups
* PostgreSQL tools and utilities
* Tips and tricks
* Replication
* Case studies

We will have a number of 45 minutes slots, and may split one or more
into 3 back-to-back 15 minute slots if we receive suitable proposals.

Please submit your proposals to:

fosdem(at)postgresql(dot)eu

and include the following information:

* Your name
* The title of your talk (please be descriptive, as titles will be
listed with ~250 from other projects)
* A short abstract of one to two paragraphs
* A short biography introducing yourself
* Links to related websites/blogs etc.

The deadline for submissions is 20th December 2010. The proposals will
be considered by committee. If your proposal has been accepted, you will
be informed by email within one week of the submission deadline.

--
				Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Francisco Figueiredo Jr.Date: 2010-11-06 01:16:01