Excellent job!

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Excellent job!
Date: 2010-10-02 21:20:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
Despite being a rather conservative DBA, I decided to move one of my
production databases to Postgres 9.0.  I am delighted by the experience!
Not only did the pg_upgrade work perfectly and moved a fairly good sized
database in  the matter of seconds, but the reason for the migration,
the fact that PostgreSQL 0.0 can resolve "IS NOT NULL" conditions by
using an index, proved to be as spectacular as I have expected. The UAT
was scheduled to last until 8 PM today, the users are delighted and have
already signed off. I am having a celebratory Sam Adams. Excellent job!
This is the DB that was moved:

news=> select pg_size_pretty(pg_database_size('news'));
 pg_size_pretty
 86 GB
(1 row)

It's nothing spectacular, but it isn't small, either! Once again, great
job done by Bruce and the gang.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: ramaroveloDate: 2010-10-04 06:49:12