Re: Documentation

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: 2010-09-27 16:26:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le 27/09/2010 10:06, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:00, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>> See
>>> It took me three hours to manually convert the current documentation.
>>> There is also a possibility to change the theme. I'll try to do it on my
>>> laptop.
>> Wow, that was quick (and unexpected!). There's some weirdness here,
> Indeed. Nice job!

>> but maybe that's just a markup issue:
> I notice some weirdness on
> as well:
> 1) I get scrollbars on all the "highlighted areas", that scrolls
> exactly 1 pixel. Probably a CSS issue?
> 2) If I do view source to figure out why, I notice they have class
> "highlight-python" - is there something that should be set to make it
> not call it python? (I haven't investigated what it actually means
> yet, no :P)

Well, actually, I think we should have a customized theme, so that the
docs look like our website.

>> Otherwise it looks great. Couple of questions:
>> - Have you thought about how we might shoe-horn this into the build process?
> One direct question here - is it going to be a PITA on Windows? I've
> never tried it there, it might be?

Shouldn't be. I didn't ask for it, but you can have a .bat file to build
the documentation. Of course, next question is: "is it going to be a
PITA to install python and its plugins on Windows?" I don't have an
answer on this one.