Re: stored proc and inserting hundreds of thousands of rows

From: Joel Reymont <joelr1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: "Pierre C" <lists(at)peufeu(dot)com>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: stored proc and inserting hundreds of thousands of rows
Date: 2011-04-30 21:22:24
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Apr 30, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> It may even be amenable to knnGiST indexing (a new feature coming in
> 9.1), which would let you do your select with an ORDER BY on the
> distance.

I don't think I can wait for 9.1, need to go live in a month, with PostgreSQL or without.

> PostgreSQL has a lot of very cool features you just don't have in any other product!  :-)

There's a strong NoSQL lobby here and I'm trying my best to show that PG can handle the job!

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers
http://wagerlabs.com | @wagerlabs | http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont