Re: Confused by 'timing' results

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>,"A J" <s5aly(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Confused by 'timing' results
Date: 2010-09-02 16:48:58
Lists: pgsql-admin
A J <s5aly(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> I am conducting the test with several concurrent clients.

I didn't see a question in your latest email.  Do you now understand
why the network affects timings?  Do you have any other questions?
Is there some particular problem you're trying to solve, for which
you don't yet have a solution?  (If so, please describe the problem
you're trying to solve; someone might be able to suggest a solution
you won't get to by asking narrower questions.)

-Kevin