About our GSoC projects

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: About our GSoC projects
Date: 2010-08-16 20:20:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I'm wondering how we should handle the GSoC projects now. They both give
us their patches, and in both of them, they are quite some work to do.

I didn't do a lot of work on Adeel's one, but there is at least a lot of
work to do to compile his project on Linux.

I worked a lot more on Luis's one. It builds on Windows and Linux. I
didn't find time to check on Mac OS X yet, but it shouldn't be a
problem. Anyway, there are also lots of work remaining, more on the UI
part. Luis has done a lot of work to make it better today, but I think
there's still work to do.

So, my basic question is: how do we handle this?

I know Luis is interested to continue to work on his project. I don't
know for Adeel. Anyway, perhaps a good way to do this is to create two
dev branches on the pgadmin repo, one for each GSoC project. But I
wonder what we should do with the branches once they'll get merged on
the master branch.

If you have better ideas, I welcome them :)

Comments, please?

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr