Re: workaround for missing ROWNUM feature with the help of GUC variables

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: workaround for missing ROWNUM feature with the help of GUC variables
Date: 2010-08-04 20:07:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 08/04/2010 12:35 PM, Marc Mamin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> here my two pence on this recurring thema.
>
> (just a workaround)

I don't understand what you mean by missing ROWNUM feature, PG got this
with windows-functions in 8.4:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/functions-window.html

Example:
select username, row_number() over() from my_user_table;
username | row_number
admin | 1
everyone | 2

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh<andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
Senior Software Developer / CTO