CommitFest 2010-07 Plans and Call for Reviewers

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CommitFest 2010-07 Plans and Call for Reviewers
Date: 2010-07-12 13:24:55
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-rrreviewers
Folks,

The PostgreSQL 9.1 Development Plan:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Development_Plan

calls for a CommitFest to run from the 15th of July until the 15th
of August.  I've offered to manage the CF process this time around.
(Selena, are you up for continuing to work on this through the CF,
too?)

I was reluctant to push very hard on reviewers during the ReviewFest
leading up to the CF, for fear of impacting the release, but I've
taken Robert's words from this post to heart:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-rrreviewers/2010-07/msg00002.php

In particular:

> In terms of being aggressive about pursuing this, I think it's
> important that between July 15th and August 14th we try to give
> everyone who has submitted a patch by July 14th some feedback on
> their work, which means we need more people reviewing than have so
> far.  I don't think the release will be out before the CF is over,
> but I'm hoping that we can get enough people involved to walk and
> chew gum at the same time.

As Robert point out, we need more reviewers.  Before signing up,
please review these pages, to get an idea what's involved:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RRReviewers

On the lighter side:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/5/58/11_eggyknap-patch-review.pdf

Please send me an email (without copying the list) if you are
available to review; feel free to include any information that might
be helpful in assigning you an appropriate patch.

To summarize where we are now:

54 patches are listed in the CF web page.  Of those, 4 have already
been committed, 3 have been returned with feedback, and 1 has been
rejected -- leaving 46 patches active.  Of these 8 are ready for
committer and 6 are waiting on author.  That leaves 32 which
currently need review, of which 22 don't yet have anyone assigned
(or volunteered) to do the review.

-Kevin

Next:From: Greg SmithDate: 2010-07-12 14:04:41