Re: Table partitioning - is anything coming?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Igor Kryltsov <kryltsov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table partitioning - is anything coming?
Date: 2010-07-05 14:05:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Igor Kryltsov wrote:
> I am not asking any firm dates but when (and if) do you think roughly
> it will be any enhancements on automating partitioning in Postgres?

The earliest possible date for that is the summer of 2011 when
PostgreSQL 9.1 might be released:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Development_Plan

An outline of the plans is at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Table_partitioning and the current patch
submitted to help in this direction is due to be reviewed this month:

P.S. Attaching PNGs instead of writing text out will annoy some
contributors here, that's not something you want to get into the habit
of on any of the mailing lists here.