Admission Control

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Admission Control
Date: 2010-06-25 17:33:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Recent discussions involving the possible benefits of a connection
pool for certain users has reminded me of a brief discussion at The
Royal Oak last month, where I said I would post a reference a
concept which might alleviate the need for external connection
pools. For those interested, check out section 2.4 of this
document:

Joseph M. Hellerstein, Michael Stonebraker and James Hamilton. 2007.
Architecture of a Database System. Foundations and Trends(R) in
Databases Vol. 1, No. 2 (2007) 141*259.

http://db.cs.berkeley.edu/papers/fntdb07-architecture.pdf

-Kevin