Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO A DATABASE IN A WEB SERVER.

To: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO A DATABASE IN A WEB SERVER.
Date: 2010-05-27 07:05:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

the entry should like

host all all 192.168.1.77/32 password

or

host all all 192.168.1.0/24 password

do not forget to reload the server (pg_ctl reload) when making changes
to pg_hba.conf

try connecting to the DB manually from the webserver

if you still have problems change the setting password to trust and try
again to make sure the problem is related to the network and not to the
auth mechanism.

regards

andreas