Reverse engineering of functions ..

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reverse engineering of functions ..
Date: 2010-05-19 21:31:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Aloha!

Found another hitch with functions returning TABLE(). #191 says it all.

On a side note, the SQL example demonstrates another small issue:
     ... LANGUAGE sql
is transformed to
     ... LANGUAGE 'sql'      -- note the quotes.

"langname" is a name, not a text. For backward compatibility the quotes
are allowed, but we should still not add them.

See ..
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-createfunction.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/sql-createfunction.html
 > { LANGUAGE langname
(...)

 > langname
 >   The name of the language that the function is implemented in. Can
be SQL, C, internal, or the name of a user-defined procedural language.
 >   For backward compatibility, the name can be enclosed by single quotes.

Regards
Erwin

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Erwin BrandstetterDate: 2010-05-20 00:26:42
Subject: 60 GB of error log.
Previous:From: pgAdmin TracDate: 2010-05-19 21:14:34
Subject: [pgAdmin III] #191: Functions returning TABLE lose necessary double quotes for names