Encoding issue with pgAdmin

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Encoding issue with pgAdmin
Date: 2010-05-14 13:30:36
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I've got a remote db host that runs PG 8.4.x DBs in UNICODE german.
I connect with pgAdmin from Win-XP and everything is nice as long as I
look into tables or the nontranslated DDL stuff that pgAdmin creates.

The translated error messages e.g. in the logfile show weired
characters, though.
Obviously the PG server sends UTF-8 and the client doesn't understand.

The DBs are UNICODE so the client-encoding defaults to UNICODE, too.
pgAdmin uses Tahoma with Widows-1252 encoding but I can't find a switch
to set it to Unicode.

What to do ?

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Mladen GogalaDate: 2010-05-14 19:22:48