Re: missing file in git repo

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Alexey Klyukin" <alexk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Stefan Kaltenbrunner" <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: missing file in git repo
Date: 2010-04-30 15:18:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:

> If any Ruby hacker feels like fixing it please speak up.

I can't take it on any time soon.  If nobody else picks it up, I can
get to it "eventually".  Anyone taking it on might want to read
through the thread which starts at:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg01679.php

I reviewed the code enough to be pretty convinced that the problem
could occur if a file was committed after a scan for changes had
passed the file in question, and before it hit the end of the scan.

> The reported source of the software seems to have gone away. I can
> let you have my copy, which reliably reproduces the error, so we
> have a good failure test case.

If it's not as recent as this:

http://ww2.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/hg/fromcvs/log/132

we might want to bring in (or at least review) what's been committed
since we grabbed our copy.  Some of the fixes mentioned sound like
they might possibly be related.

-Kevin