Re: createuser: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

From: moataz Elmasry <moataz(dot)elmasry(at)iais(dot)fraunhofer(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: createuser: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"
Date: 2010-03-30 14:57:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Oh boy, thnx a mil. That solved my problem :).
I also found another tip somewhere to change the password not using
passwd but the sql command
alter role myuser encrypted password 'mypassword' and that works also
with md5.
and you are right. suse changed 'trust' to 'md5' and reverting it also
solved the problem

Again, thnx alot
Moataz