Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load

From: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>
To: "Donald Courtney" <Donald(dot)Courtney(at)Sun(dot)COM>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load
Date: 2005-05-19 18:12:29
Lists: pgsql-performance
What platform is this?

We had similar issue (PG 7.4.7). Raising number of checkpoint segments to 125, seperating the WAL to a different LUN helped, but it's still not completely gone.

As far as disk I/O is concerned for flushing the buffers out, I am not ruling out the combination of Dell PERC4 RAID card, and the RH AS 3.0 Update3 being a problem.

Thanks,
Anjan