Re: startup subprocess hangs

From: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Janian" <ajanian(at)scottrade(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: startup subprocess hangs
Date: 2005-06-17 20:32:15
Lists: pgsql-admin
Probably some kind of a hardware issue (you lost a path to the array for
e.g.), or someone may have issued a kill -9 to postmaster?

Open another terminal and check the system log (/var/log/messages) if
you are not redirecting logs anywhere.

Can you paste the console messages on the list so people can see what
exactly might be going on?

Thanks,
Anjan

  _____