Re: Killing a Query

From: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>
To: "Brandon Hines" <brandon(at)2i(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Killing a Query
Date: 2005-05-13 19:01:47
Lists: pgsql-admin
I use kill -s SIGINT <pid of bad query>

Thanks,
Anjan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Hines [mailto:brandon(at)2i(dot)com]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 2:32 PM
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ADMIN] Killing a Query

Is there a method for killing a query from the server.

I have a number of users that manage to run queries that busy the server

preventing a number of critical queries from running within an
acceptable time limit.

I would like to kill off the queries that appear to be busying the
server without having to take postgres down altogether.

               http://archives.postgresql.org

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: VikramDate: 2005-05-13 19:34:57
Previous:From: Kavan, Dan (IMS)Date: 2005-05-13 18:57:05
Subject: Re: version 8.0.3