Re: Cluster feature: Start/stop archiving at runtime

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cluster feature: Start/stop archiving at runtime
Date: 2010-02-28 11:07:17
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Based on the feedback here,
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ClusterFeatures now has what seems like
a reasonably correct description of "API into the Parser / Parser as an
independent module", and I wrote up a first pass for "Start/stop
archiving at runtime" too--that code I know the internals of, just
needed a bit more context.  The spots marked with ? are specific details
I think could use more notes, but at least the basic outline of the
features each make sense to me now.

I'll keep looking for updates about these two for the rest of the week,
so if you have suggestions keep them coming.  In the first month of
working on this in a more organized way, we've gotten reasonable
starting descriptions for the first 4 items on this 14 item long list.
If we just keep up that feature/week pace, by the PGCon meeting the
whole list should just be filled in.