Re: Testing with concurrent sessions

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Markus Wanner" <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date: 2010-02-12 19:58:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers
[off-list to avoid distracting from the 9.0 wrap-up effort]

Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch> wrote:
> Quoting "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>:
>> I strongly encourage you to set that up on git.postgresql.org.
>
> I'm about to provide git repositories for Postgres-R anyway, so
> I've setup two projects on git.postgres-r.org:
>
> dtester: that's the driver/harness code
> postgres-dtests: a Postgres clone with the dtester patch applied -
> this is based on the Postgres git repository, so you can easily
> switch between Postgres branches.

I just got to the point of having what appears to be a working but
poorly optimized version of serializable transactions, so it is
critical that I create a good set of tests to confirm correct
behavior and monitor for regressions as I optimize.  I see that
you've been working on dtester recently -- should I grab what you've
got here, stick with 0.1, or do you want to package something?  If I
should pull from your git, any hints on the best git statements to
merge that in are welcome, I'm still rather new to git, and I tend
not to get things right on a first try without some hints.  :-/

Thanks again for this tool!

-Kevin