Re: Make TOAST_TUPLES_PER_PAGE configurable per table.

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Jesper Krogh" <jesper(at)krogh(dot)cc>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Make TOAST_TUPLES_PER_PAGE configurable per table.
Date: 2010-02-02 15:53:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Jesper Krogh <jesper(at)krogh(dot)cc> wrote:

> Ultimately I would like an infinite amount of configurabillity

There was some discussion of this previously.  I was thinking of
doing something with it, but Laurent indicated off-list he was
working on it, so I left it to him.  Besides reading these threads,
you might want to see how far he got -- he might have some "work in
process" or an internal patch that would be a good starting point.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-06/msg00831.php

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-07/msg01065.php

-Kevin