Re: odd output in initdb

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: odd output in initdb
Date: 2010-02-01 01:13:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> Actually, on close inspection it looks to me like this commit: "Create
>> typedef pgsocket for storing socket descriptors."
>> <http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=ea1a4463e9de9662b7c9e13374ec8c7b92ff2f19>
>> could well be the culprit.
>>

> I'm not claiming it's not, but what exactly points to that? Does the
> problem go away if you move to a version before that?
>
> Because I'm 99% sure I saw it well before that commit, and we've had
> reports on it from 8.4 as well, I'm not so sure... But it may be that
> that commit made something more likely to happen...

The buildfarm logs say otherwise. This was first seen in Jan 10, at
least on my Windows animals:

    pgbfprod=# select sysname, min(snapshot) from build_status_log where
    sysname ~ 'bat' and log_stage ~ 'initdb' and log_text ~ 'pgstat'
    group by sysname;
     sysname  |         min
     dawn_bat | 2010-01-10 17:30:02
     red_bat  | 2010-01-10 23:30:01