Warm standby problems: SOLVED

From: "David F(dot) Skoll" <dfs(at)roaringpenguin(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Warm standby problems: SOLVED
Date: 2010-01-20 15:10:26
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

Back in October 2009, I reported on strange warm-standby problems in
this thread:  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2009-10/msg00170.php

Just in case anyone still cares or is wondering, we found the problem.
The machine had bad RAM; we were getting undetected/uncorrected single-bit
errors creeping through!  The thing that led to the discovery was a cron
job error complaining about a "SEHECT" statement when the Perl script
clearly read "SELECT".  We swapped the RAM a while back and the problem
seems to have been cured.

Regards,

David.

pgsql-admin by date