Re: SE-PgSQL patch review

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SE-PgSQL patch review
Date: 2009-12-01 19:22:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> This is totally separate from the really important question of whether
> SE-Linux has a future, and another about whether, if SE-Linux has a
> future, PostgreSQL needs to go there.

If the hooks are generic enough that the could potentially be adapted to
other security frameworks, yes.  The need to have cohesive centralized
systems permissions management hasn't gone away, whatever anyone thinks
of the SE-linux implementation.

That's why I was hoping to have the TrustedSolaris folks working on
this, but we've pretty much lost access to them.

--Josh Berkus