Re: PGDay.EU 2009 - Call for lighting talks

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-eu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGDay.EU 2009 - Call for lighting talks
Date: 2009-10-02 10:13:05
Lists: pgeu-generalpgsql-announcepgsql-general
hi dave,

here are some suggestions:

Artificial intelligence PostgreSQL:
We use PostgreSQL to run database driven neural networks as well as
classification algorithms for a leading edge application.
Our neural networks are running directly inside PostgreSQL. This shows
that PostgreSQL is not just a database but a wonderful development
environment as well.

Full-Text-Indexing:
We use PostgreSQL to run a full-text price search engine.

PostgreSQL modifications:
We are porting industrial applications from Informix to PostgreSQL.
The goal is to run entire factories using PostgreSQL.

    Many thanks,

       hans

--
Cybertec Schoenig & Schoenig GmbH