Re: Planner question - "bit" data types

From: Brian Cox <brian(dot)cox(at)ca(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Karl Denninger <karl(at)denninger(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Planner question - "bit" data types
Date: 2009-09-08 01:22:37
Lists: pgsql-performance
"pgsql-performance-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org" wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Karl Denninger<karl(at)denninger(dot)net> wrote:
>  > There was a previous thread and I referenced it. I don't have the
> other one
>  > in my email system any more to follow up to it.
>  >
>  > I give up; the attack-dog crowd has successfully driven me off.  Ciao.
>
> Perhaps I'm biased by knowing some of the people involved, but I don't
> think anyone on this thread has been anything but polite.
I use several online forums and this -- hands down -- is the best: not
only for politeness even when the information I provided was misleading
or the question I asked was, in retrospect, Duh? but also for 1) speed
of response, 2) breadth of ideas and 3) accuracy of information -- often
on complex issues with no simple solution from folk who probably have
more to do than sit around waiting for the next post. My thanks to the
knowledgeable people on this forum.

Brian

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Karl DenningerDate: 2009-09-08 02:05:59