Re: BUG #5023: pg_relation_size() is not case sensitive

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Joseph Shraibman" <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5023: pg_relation_size() is not case sensitive
Date: 2009-08-31 22:20:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net> wrote:
> Kevin Grittner wrote:

>> Did you try putting quotes inside the apostrophes?:
>>
> No, I didn't. I didn't know I could do that.

That's generally true in recent versions. (Try the -t option on
pg_dump for the first place I ran into it.) Perhaps it should be
documented better, but it doesn't seem like a good idea to put it
everywhere a relation name is referenced. I wonder if it would be
overkill to have a short page on the topic in the documentation and
just link to it from each documentation page where it might be
needed....

-Kevin