Re: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE [WAIT integer | NOWAIT] for 8.5

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Hans-Juergen Schoenig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE [WAIT integer | NOWAIT] for 8.5
Date: 2009-07-27 13:06:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera írta:
> Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>
>> Alvaro Herrera írta:

>>> In http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/291.1242053201@sss.pgh.pa.us
>>> Tom argues that lock_timeout should be sufficient.  I'm not sure what
>>> does WAIT [N] buy.
>>>
>> Syntax consistency with NOWAIT?

And easy of use in diverging from default lock_timeout?

> Consistency could also be achieved by removing NOWAIT, but I don't see
> you proposing that.

And you won't see me proposing any other feature removal either :-)

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/