Re: Used computers?

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Used computers?
Date: 2009-07-20 15:54:18
Lists: pgsql-performance
Craig James wrote:
> Apologies for a slightly off-topic question ... a friend is overseeing
> the demise of a company and has several computers that they need to get
> rid of.  She's an attorney and knows little about them except that
> they're IBM and cost >$50K originally.  Where does one go to sell
> equipment like this, and/or get a rough idea of its worth?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

When I was looking for Sun boxes I found several places that buy/sell used hardware, some took IBM too.

I googled "buy sell used ibm" and came up with several, like:

http://www.usedserversystems.com/used-ibm-servers.htm

You could check with them and see what they are selling for.  (And maybe what they'd buy for)

Also, there is always ebay.

-Andy