Re: check for missing tablespaces?

From: Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: check for missing tablespaces?
Date: 2009-05-31 20:08:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Anyway, from this POV all we really need to know is that the device
> hosting this tablespace failed to mount when the machine was rebooted,
> and then postgres restarted.

Good to know postgresql had nothing to do with the missing data.  I
wasn't sure if it was user error, config problem or hardware.

 From my experience, it doesn't really matter if you have a
sophisticated SAN or put together an ad-hoc nas/das solution, storage
likes to bite you.  The only thing that helps me sleep at night is sound
replication and backups (in some cases triple redundancy with aging data
sets).

Andrew