Re: Unit test patches

From: John Lister <john(dot)lister(at)kickstone(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unit test patches
Date: 2009-05-29 09:16:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:
> Looks good to me.  Applied back to 8.1.  8.0 has some other time test
> problems that look like they've been there forever.  Not backpatching
> as I don't fully understand what's going on there and this is just a
> test case fix.

Cheers. I'm still not happy about changing the test case to work in
europe/london.

I did try playing with the time setting functions to avoid using the
epoch as the base for times so that they were based on the current date
thus avoiding any historical DST or other zone issues - but it broke a
lot of the other tests which expected the epoch as the base.

I guess this is a fundamental flaw in the java.sql.Time class (which has
many other problems). I don't use TIME separately (only TIMESTAMP) so
this isn't a huge deal for me, but this may bite someone else.

JOHN