Re: Need Oakland/Berkeley location for June SFPUG

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need Oakland/Berkeley location for June SFPUG
Date: 2009-05-11 23:15:20
Lists: sfpug
David Fetter wrote:
> On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 06:36:18PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> It's about time we visited the East Bay again.
>>
>> We can always use Casa Donde, but it would be great to find a
>> location a  bit more BARTable, and with a pub nearby.
>>
>> Could we use UCB in June?  If so, what's the parking situation?
>>

> The parking situation for UCB generalizes to the parking situation
> throughout the BART system, given the extreme closeness of the
> downtown Berkeley BART stop to UCB :)

I think the critical reference is here: http://beerbybart.com/

I looked for the Cal Linux Users Group but it seems to be
inactive/defunct and the BSD group that I thought met in Berkeley now
meets in the South Bay. I know that Beckett's
(http://www.beckettsirishpub.com/) has private rooms of appropriate
size. I don't know what they charge or if they would be happy to have
the business (assuming enough participants would be willing to buy food
or drink). At least the meeting would be close to a pub. :) And it is
only a couple blocks from BART.

-Steve