Re: idea: global temp tables

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: idea: global temp tables
Date: 2009-04-29 14:21:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> On the matter of LOCAL/GLOBAL, I think the correct thing to do is to
> reject LOCAL and accept GLOBAL as equivalent to the default.

Oops. Read that too quickly before my first reply. I think that we
should, as Tom said, warn on *both* for 8.4, and treat GLOBAL per the
standard in 8.5. I don't know whether we can do anything useful with
LOCAL for 8.5, or whether it should be rejected at that point.

Sorry for my confusion about what you were saying.

-Kevin