ODBC Setup Dialog: "Couldn't load libpq - SSL mode is unavailable"

From: JKorth <jk(at)epos-gmbh(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC Setup Dialog: "Couldn't load libpq - SSL mode is unavailable"
Date: 2009-02-16 14:59:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello!

I tried to set up the "PostgreSQL Unicode" ODBC driver
(psqlodbc_08_03_0400 - msi or dll package) under Windows XP.
On two computers the ODBC Setup Dialog contains the error message
"Couldn't load libpq - SSL mode is unavailable".
How do I get SSL to work (=get rid of this message)?

What I found out on myself (but didn't help):
libpq.dll depends on msvcr80.dll which was missing, but installing the
MSVC2008 Redistributable Package didn't made it to work - neither did
copying msvcr80.dll into the directory of libpq.dll
The Microsoft Dependency Walker Tool doesn't show any missing DLLs for
libpq.dll - but the message in the ODBC Setup Dialog remains.

Might downgrading to an older version solve this problem?

Best regards,
JKorth