Re: adding a user library path..

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "P Kapat" <kap4lin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: adding a user library path..
Date: 2008-06-23 23:53:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

"P Kapat" <kap4lin(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> If I understand correctly, the shared libraries for postgis should be
> inside $PKGLIBDIR for the server to see them. Is there any userland
> configuration (like adding $HOME/usr/local/lib to ~/.psqlrc) that will
> solve this?

Do you have superuser privs on the database? If so, you could try
altering the SQL files for postgis etc to reference the shared libraries
where you put them. But that likely won't work if SELinux is enabled
on the system.

If you don't have superuser then you have no hope of installing these
modules without admin intervention, because you can't execute the CREATE
FUNCTION commands, independently of where the shlibs are.