Re: Swag for SCALE?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Jonathan Fuerth <fuerth(at)sqlpower(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Swag for SCALE?
Date: 2009-01-27 21:13:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Jonathan,

> We (SQL Power) have several end-user tools that work well with PostgreSQL:
>
>  -Power*Architect for data modeling
>  -Power*MatchMaker for data quality
>  -Wabit for ad-hoc queries and simple paginated reports
>
> All tools are GPL3 and work on Windows, Mac, and *nix.

Oh!  I didn't realize you'd gone OSS.  Cool, I'll have to try your stuff.

> For each product, we have a 1-page 8.5x11 full colour flyer. Would
> this be the type of thing that could be included in those folders? If
> so, I can send them today (we already have lots printed).

Yes, it is that kind of thing.

However, we made a couple of policies to make this work for our booths,
and to help fund / staff going to conferences:

1) your company needs to be a "supporter" of PostgreSQL.  Generally,
this means that you either need to have a contributor on the payroll, or
be hosting a postgresql.org server, or have donated to one of the
various PostgreSQL non-profits, or be sending one of your staff to work
a booth for an entire conference this year.

2) One flyer per company.

Since we usually give out around 1000 of those folders to interested
developers and managers every year, it seems pretty fair to us to ask
for something in return.

--Josh