"tablespace" for tranaction log?

From: Thomas Finneid <tfinneid(at)fcon(dot)no>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "tablespace" for tranaction log?
Date: 2009-01-24 07:02:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi

I have noticed that my transaction log has quite large activity volume
(up to 15MB per transaction), so with the amount of data I am using I
have manually moved the pg_xlog directory to a different disk. This
allows me to have both the table space and transaction log on two
different high performance disks.
But my question is, since I can do this with tablespace for tables,
indexes and so on, is there any possibilites to do a similar thing for
the transaction log from inside postgres? as in

create indexspace = ....

regards

thomas