Attached patch contains code cleanup in htup.h nad bufpage.[ch]. This patch is
part of pg upgrade project. Idea of this patch is to remove any direct access to
PageHeader and HeapTupleHeader. I already sent more complex patch including
mutli page version control last commitfest. This patch does not contain multi
page version control. I will send it separately.
Main changes in bufpage:
- Remove PageGetItem/PageGetItemId. It has been replaced by PageGetHeapTuple and
- Most macros are converted to functions. It will be necessary for following patch.
Main changes in htup:
- htup.c is created
- Most macros HeapTupleHeader* are removed
- Add complete set of HeapTuple* functions
- Macros for "DatumTupleHeader" still remain, because they are use in PL
Other changes are related to the new API.
Several patches in a patch queue uses old API. It will require consolidation.
Zdenek Kotala Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic http://sun.com/postgresql
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Zdenek Kotala||Date: 2008-10-29 14:40:58|
|Subject: Re: htup and bufpage API clean up|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2008-10-29 14:07:20|
|Subject: Re: WIP patch: convert SQL-language functions to return tuplestores |